Letters of Recommendation
All college-bound students must make recommendation letter requests through Naviance.
You must identify 2-3 teachers, counselors, or adult mentors who can speak to your strengths as a student and an individual. You should have a recent and ongoing relationship with the adult.
Instructions for Teacher and Counselor Recommendation Requests: DO NOT SKIP ANY STEPS!
- Download and complete the “Info Sheet for Counselor Recommendation” and email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ask the adult from whom you are requesting a recommendation. You must get a verbal or written “yes” before making your request on Naviance.
- Request a recommendation following these steps:
- Login to your Naviance Account (https://connection.naviance.com/family-connection/auth/login/?hsid=stringts)
- Click the “Colleges” Tab
- Click “colleges I’m applying to”
- Click “add/cancel requests”
- Select your teachers from the drop down menu, and personalize the request with a message.
- Click “update requests” and you’re DONE!
- Email your teacher your resume and complete any other info form they request. (Teacher-specific Info Form Here)